Practices in all areas of competition law enforcement and merger control across sub-Saharan Africa with particular experience in South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Swaziland, Kenya, Tanzania, Egypt and COMESA, including:
- cartel, abuse of dominance and general restrictive practices litigation.
- dawn raids and investigations.
- merger control (including cross border complex transactions).
- market inquiries.
- exemptions and Industry Codes of Conduct.
Commercial litigation and Dispute Resolution
Practice expertise includes complex commercial litigation (including cross border) and dispute resolution before the superior courts including arbitration.
Anti-bribery / Corruption and asset recovery
As an active member of the ICC’s Fraudnet, the world’s leading asset recovery group, Michael-James is well versed with the anti-corruption laws in Southern Africa as well as the UK Bribery Act and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
Michael-James’ practice in this area includes conducting internal investigations, compliance, litigation and asset recovery.
"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."
- Competition /Antitrust
- Commercial litigation
- Anti-bribery / corruption and asset recovery