Telephone: +27 (0) 11 666 7559
Mobile: +27 (0) 83 380 8444
Michelle joined Nortons Inc. in 2011, initially as a director for seven years and more recently as a consultant. She advises clients on various aspects of public regulatory law and litigation, particularly in relation to constitutional and administrative law matters, as well as white collar crime and corruption investigations.
Matters in which Michelle has been involved include:
- Representing a large printing company in challenging the award of a government tender for the printing, packaging and distribution of school workbooks for the Department of Basic Education.
- Representing Freedom Under Law before the Constitutional Court in relation to the failure by SASSA to take over the payment of social grants as well as the recovery of profits earned by Cash Paymaster Services from the contract for the distribution of social grants, which was declared to be unlawful by the Constitutional Court.
- Representing Freedom Under Law in successfully challenging the granting of immunity to Grace Mugabe by the Minister of International Relations and Co-operation.
- Advising clients in relation to the Judicial Commission of Inquiry into Allegations of State Capture, Corruption and Fraud in the Public Sector.
- Representing clients before the Healthcare and Grocery Retail Market Inquiries.
- Fast Moving Consumer Goods
- Mining & Resources
- Printing and Publishing