Principal: Senior Associate
Direct: +27 11 041 2610
Areas of practice
Nicola’s practice focus is on South African and African competition law and regulation and her experience extends to various sectors, including the hospitality, automotive, retail, construction, consumer goods, media and energy sectors. Her principal area of practice is competition law, including prohibited practices, corporate leniency applications, dawn raids, market inquiries, merger control, merger interventions, compliance training, competition audits, legal research and general competition/antitrust litigation before the South African Competition Authorities, as well as other African competition authorities (such as Namibia, Botswana, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe).
Nicola has also been involved in commercial litigation and arbitration proceedings.
Nicola obtained her LLB degree at the University of Pretoria in 2011. She was admitted as an attorney in 2015 and was previously a case manager at the South African Competition Tribunal for more than two years.
Recent Skills Training
- Postgraduate Certificate Course on Competition Law, (Mandela Institute of Law, University of the Witwatersrand);
- Certificate course on Competition Law: The South African Experience (presented by UCT Law@Work in 2017);
- Attending a workshop on the Protection of Personal Information Act (February 2017);
- Attending the Seminar on Decoding the Protection of Personal Information Act, presented by the Department of Mercantile Law, University of Pretoria (30 November 2017); and
- Post-graduate certificate short course Commercial and Contract Law online course, presented by the University of Cape Town in collaboration with online education company, GetSmarter (November 2017 – January 2018).
Career to date
- 2011 – 2013: South African Competition Tribunal, Case Manager
- 2014: Nortons Incorporated, Candidate Attorney
- 2015: Nortons Incorporated, Associate
- 2016: Nortons Incorporated, Senior Associate
Publications & Seminars
In addition to regularly advising foreign practitioners on South African competition law issues, Nicola has also contributed to various local and international competition law articles and publications.