Paul is a Founding Director of Nortons Inc. He advises on a range of regulatory issues, including South African and African competition law (in particular, merger control, joint ventures, dawn raids and cartel investigations, prohibited practices, corporate leniency applications, horizontal and vertical restrictive practices, abuse of dominance and applications for exemptions and interim relief, as well as the new criminal provisions under the South African Competition Act), healthcare and telecommunications regulation, consumer protection and commercial and general litigation.
Having spent four years as Senior Legal Counsel at De Beers, Paul’s areas of expertise also include all regulatory issues relating to the diamond industry, in particular, the Diamonds Act, 1986, as amended, and Regulations, the Diamond Export Levy Act, 2007 and the Diamond Export Levy (Administration) Act, 2007
Significant Litigation Transactions
- Represented the merging parties in the acquisition by Dawn Consolidated Holding of control of Sangio Pipes;
- Represented the merging parties in the acquisition by Dawn Consolidated Holdings of control of Pro-Max;
- Represented the merging parties in the acquisition by Dawn Consolidated Holdings of control of Swan Plastics; and
- Represented Element Six (a subsidiary of De Beers) in the acquisition of Barat Carbide.
"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."
- Fast Moving Consumer Goods
- Mining & Resources
- Oil & Gas