Telephone: +27 11 666 7560
Fax: +27 (0) 86 600 5529
- B Soc Sci, University of Natal (Pietermaritzburg);
- LLB, University – of Natal (Pietermaritzburg);
- Diploma in Competition Law (Wits).
Nicci was admitted as an attorney and conveyancer in 2004. Nicci practiced as a conveyancer in KwaZulu-Natal for three years to 2007, whereafter she moved up to Johannesburg and has been practicing in competition law since.
Areas of Practise
Nicci is a Senior Associate at Nortons Inc. Her principal area of practice is in South African competition law. In particular, merger control and notification, advising on the notifiability of mergers, joint ventures, advice in relation to horizontal and vertical practices, as well as abuse of dominance, conducting competition law reviews or audits and reporting on competition law compliance.
Career to date
- Senior Associate (Competition Law) at Webber Wentzel (2007-2010);
- Senior Associate (Conveyancing) at J Leslie Smith Incorporated (2002-2007); and
- Senior Associate at Nortons Inc.
Major and recent transactions:
- Acted for Momentum Group in its merger with Metropolitan Group;
- Acted for both parties in Navistar International Trucks’ Southern African acquisition of NC² Global;
- Acted in numerous private equity acquisitions by Bain Capital Investors LLC;
- Acted for both parties in MSCSA’s acquisition of Harvey Roofing;
- Acted for both parties in Avusa’s acquisition of Random House;
- Acted for both parties in Altech’s acquisition of Fleetcall;
- Acted for a respondent in the Commission’s current steel sector investigation, as well as in respect of its competition law compliance review;
- Acted for a respondent in the Commission’s current pelagic fishing sector investigation, as well as in respect of its competition law compliance review;
- Acted for Sasol Limited in its competition compliance reviews of certain of its subsidiaries;
- Acted for Assore Limited in its competition compliance reviews of certain of its subsidiaries; and
- Acted for Avusa in its competition compliance review.